Finalmente Weekend! || Your first source for Disney's The Weekenders

Top 5 Disney Animated Television Series, Finalmente Weekend è fra le 5 migliori serie animate targate Disney!

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 18/2/2012, 19:25

Group:
Administrator

Facendo le mie consuete ricerche su Google mi sono imbattuta nel famoso sito "ToonZone.net", dedicato ai cartoni animati. Ogni decade eleggono le migliori serie animate. Ovviamente i riconoscimenti riguardano anche le serie Disneyane!
Ebbene, sono felicissima di annunciarvi che "Finalmente Weekend" non solo è rientrato nella top 5, ma è riuscito proprio a guadagnarsi il primo posto come miglior serie animata Disney degli anni 2000! :D
Di seguito riporto l'articolo in inglese (è sotto lo spoiler!) e traduco le parti più interessanti!

When most people think of Disney's television animation, they think back to the late 80s and early 90s. That is, after all, when their studios were bustling with shows being developed left and right. While that level of production is a thing of the past, Disney was involved in the creation of a fair number of animated programs of substantial quality this past decade. We've reviewed the eligible shows, and we've picked our Top 5.

5. Teacher's Pet
Created by Gary Baseman

Teacher%27sPet

Plot: A dog who wishes to be a boy decides to pose as one and go to school.

Why it's here: Some animated programs fly under the radar despite their brilliance. Teacher's Pet was one such series, doing so many things well and bringing Gary Baseman's distinctive art style to life. The voice cast turned in many pitch-perfect performances that helped make the wild musical numbers work very, very well. Nathan Lane is a flamboyant delight as the main character, Spot. While the series was set in the fourth grade, much of its humor appealed more to adults than children. In fact, it could be argued that this is exactly why the series didn't last; if it had been on a network that sought out a more mature audience, it may have done well enough to warrant more seasons. The series was turned into a feature film, which took the best things about the series and improved upon them, allowing it to serve as a delightful finale to the series. It's unfortunate that the movie did not fare tremendously well, but Teacher's Pet was, ultimately, a fantastic series that was tragically overlooked and deserves a spot on this list.

4. Fillmore!
Created by Scott Gimple

Fillmore!

Plot: Two members of X Middle School's Safety Patrol make sure justice is served.

Why it's here: Parody can often be misunderstood. Without knowledge of what is being parodied, one tends to accept what they see at face value and miss the larger joke. Fillmore! is a parody of various 1970s crime dramas, such as the ones produced by Quinn Martin. It takes place at a middle school in which Cornelius Fillmore and Ingrid Third, two members of the Safety Patrol, deal with petty issues that are instead presented as serious matters. This is something that created a divide amongst those who watched it, as those who weren't aware of what it was parodying were often left confused by the deliberate over-dramatization and couldn't fully appreciate what the series was doing. Those who were aware, however, found the series to be a thoroughly entertaining experience. It had a great blend of action, comedy, and drama that made the series stand out, and we feel that it was certainly one of Disney's best animated programs this decade.

3. Kim Possible
Created by Mark McCorkle and Robert Schooley

KimPossible

Plot: An extraordinary teenager takes on missions to help others in her spare time.

Why it's here: At first glance, Kim Possible appears to be little more than a "girl power" series that wouldn't provide much entertainment to those outside of its target demographic. Appearances can be deceiving. When watched for even a few minutes, one would discover that it was actually one of the most clever, well-written shows of the 2000s. Each episode was packed with witty banter, and the villains had highly imaginative plans that made the series a tremendous amount of fun. It also looked great. The characters had solid designs, and the movements were fluid, which helped make Kim's many action sequences work as well as they did. However, the fact that Kim, as a character, was perfect in just about every way is something that brought the series down. It was still one of Disney's best animated programs this decade, and while we feel that it has earned this spot on our list, it could have been so much better if they would have made Kim a bit more realistic.

2. Phineas and Ferb
Created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh

PhineasAndFerb

Plot: Two precocious brothers spend their summer vacation doing incredible things.

Why it's here: A lot of arguments could be made about what makes a series great, but at the end of the day, what matters most is execution. Phineas and Ferb has a plot layout that is used in just about every episode, recycling many of the same gags. Yet it executes its plot in a manner that feels fresh, no matter how familiar everything seems. To take a formulaic concept and make it work time and time again, without losing its edge, is a sign of true talent. The series is also notable for its inclusion of an original song in nearly every episode, a difficult feat in its own right, but having earned his stripes on Family Guy's early "Road To..." episodes, Dan Povenmire knows how to make songs work. Disney may have slowed down on their production of animated programs, but cartoons like this one prove that they're getting back to form.

1. The Weekenders
Created by Doug Langdale

TheWeekenders

Plot: Four friends spend their weekends trying to have as much fun as possible.

Why it's here: Most animated programs designed for children tend to dumb down the humor and rely heavily on in-your-face gags, but this series was written with a level of subtlety and sophistication that you would be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. It was a dialogue driven series; much of its humor came from conversations between characters. Their conversations were believable. In fact, the series had an aura of realism that is uncommon in animation. Many of its plots were simple and could very well take place in the real world. In one episode, Tino's father came to visit for the first time since he divorced his wife eight years prior, and the scene in which he met his ex-wife's boyfriend was handled fantastically. That's not the sort of scene one would typically find in a children's cartoon, but it was this series' bread and butter. The Weekenders shines just as brightly now as it did at the dawn of the decade, and it has earned the top spot on our list.

Quando la maggior parte delle persone pensa alle serie animate Disney fa sempre riferimento ai cartoni compresi fra gli anni '80 e '90. Quello fu, in effetti, il periodo in cui gli studios produssero programmi a raffica. Mentre quel livello di produzione, in senso quantitativo, rimane una cosa del passato, la Disney ha comunque creato un buon numero di serie animate di ottima qualità in quest'ultimo decade. Abbiamo esaminato e recensito i cartoni e abbiamo scelto i cinque migliori.

1° Posto per Disney's Finalmente Weekend!

Trama: Quattro amici passano i loro fine settimana insieme cercando di divertirsi al più possibile.

Perché è stato scelto: La maggior parte dei cartoni animati destinati principalmente ai ragazzi tendono ad abbassare la qualità dell'umorismo e a contare su delle gag fortemente visive, ma questa serie è stata scritta con un livello di finezza che è più unico che raro. E' un cartone che si basa sui dialoghi; buona parte dell'umorismo viene fuori dalle conversazioni fra i personaggi. Il loro modo di interagire è estremamente credibile. Infatti l'intera serie ha un livello di realismo eccellente che non è affatto facile da trovare nel mondo animato. Le trame degli episodi sono semplici e le situazioni proposte potrebbero benissimo accadere nel mondo reale. In un episodio il padre di Tino va a trovarlo per la prima volta dopo otto anni di divorzio dalla sua ex moglie e c'è una scena in cui incontra il suo nuovo fidanzato, scena che è stata gestita in maniera fantastica. Non è il genere di cose che si vedono in un programma che è anche per ragazzi, ma è la sostanza e l'anima di questa serie. Finalmente Weekend continua a brillare tuttora esattamente come all'alba di questo passato decade ed ha meritato il posto più alto della classifica.

Fonte

Commento personale: che dire ... non potrei essere più contenta! Sono davvero felice che sia stata riconosciuta l'eccellenza di questa serie. La Disney ha prodotto dei cartoni di ottima qualità nel passato e questo è innegabile (adoro anche io le serie animate degli anni '80 e '90, da Disneyana pura quale sono!) ma anche agli inizi del 2000 ha tirato fuori perle come "Finalmente Weekend" o "Fillmore", un'altra produzione che ritengo eccellente. Mi fa piacere vedere questi due cartoni sulla lista perché penso che siano stati molto sottovalutati, e lo stesso discorso vale per "Teacher's Pet: un cane di classe".
La cosa che mi è piaciuta di più è che leggendo i commenti di varie persone su quel sito dicono tutti di essere d'accordissimo sul primo posto e questo è molto bello. Significa che Finalmente Weekend è entrato nel cuore di tante persone e, esattamente come le vecchie serie Disney, non ha età! ;)

view post Posted on 19/2/2012, 16:03

Group:

Ti ringrazio tanto per aver messo nel forum questo bellissimo articolo! Sono davvero contenta che apprezzino un cartone splendido come Finalmente Weekend e, soprattutto, che hanno capito fino a fondo di cosa tratta, in che modo lo fa e con che scopo.
Spero tanto che Doug Langdale sia capitato lì per puro caso e così nota quante persone lo apprezzano veramente, e non sono poche. E' veramente un bellissimo cartone da tanti punti di vista, non riesco a smettere di apprezzarlo neanche nelle minime cose :D
Fillmore anche è fatto benissimo, veramente eccellente. Teacher's Pet pure. Non lo ricordo molto, però mi rimase impresso il suo stile particolare e quel qualcosa di speciale che aveva ;)
Personalmente avrei messo Fillmore al secondo posto, giusto dopo Finalmente Weekend! E' una delle serie più belle mai state create dalla Disney, sui livelli di Pepper Ann, RicreAzione e Doug che facevano parte degli anni '90!

view post Posted on 12/11/2012, 16:25

Group:
Tish Fan

Non mi meraviglia il fatto che Finalmente Weekend sia stato messo al primo posto. O meglio, la cosa mi sorprende perché qualcuno se n'è accorto che è una serie che merita, ma quando parliamo di "valore" è un primo posto assicurato.
Mi piace come l'autore del post ha descritto la serie. E' un cartone molto fine e sottile in tanti dettagli, a parte qualche gag visiva come quella delle pizzerie, tutto l'umorismo sta nei dialoghi e non lo si può apprezzare completamente quando si è bambini o ragazzi. La visione più consapevole e piena di conoscenza che ha un adulto è l'ideale per capire la grandezza di Finalmente Weekend. Doug Langdale è un genio e gli scrittori che ha riunito per lavorare sulla serie sono altrettanto fantastici. Sono creativi, divertenti, intelligenti e pieni di conoscenza allo stesso tempo. Basta vedere qualche episodio per notare come ci siano tanti riferimenti letterali (non messi a caso, però) o a varie culture e diverse abitudini. Non è una cosa che fanno tutte le serie :)

view post Posted on 13/11/2012, 17:03

Group:
Administrator

Io invece sono rimasta (piacevolmente) sorpresa. Non perché la serie non lo meritasse (ANZI!) ma proprio perché, come hai detto tu, è strano che qualcuno se ne sia accorto :P
Davo per scontato al primo posto Kim Possible, seguita poi da Phineas e Ferb ma di certo non mi aspettavo che Finalmente Weekend fosse nella top five, non parliamo del primo posto.
A livello di scrittura, caratterizzazione di personaggi, trame, etc. è un pò difficile confrontare le serie dato che sono tutte così diverse fra loro, ma visto che si parla di qualità non c'è alcun dubbio sul fatto che Finalmente Weekend sia nettamente superiore. Fillmore sarebbe dovuto essere un meritatissimo secondo posto proprio perché è una serie che, come FW, ha tutte le qualità che un cartone deve avere e tutte le cosine al posto giusto.
E' un peccato il fatto che gli scrittori di Finalmente Weekend non abbiano tante opportunità di lavoro visto il loro talento. Eccetto Evan Gore, gli altri non sono molto attivi, cosa di cui mi dispiace molto. Hanno dimostrato numerosissime volte durante la serie come siano intelligenti, che vasta conoscenza avessero su fatti storici, culturali, economici e tutti gli ambiti a cui si può pensare, ma forse sono davvero "troppo" per quello che si cerca in giro. Sono contentissima del fatto che abbiano lavorato sulla nostra serie preferita :)

view post Posted on 14/11/2012, 16:58

Group:

Penso che tutti si aspettassero di vedere Kim Possible al primo posto ... :P Meno male che non hanno fatto la scelta scontata. Se leggete sul forum vedrete risposte simili alle nostre!

CITAZIONE
Great list, though i was not that fond of Teacher's Pet maybe I missed the point. Still Weekenders deserved that number one spot. That show was great and underrated, same with fillmore.

CITAZIONE
Wow, this list nailed it with both The Weekenders and Fillmore! Those shows were amazing. Why exactly did they get cancelled? Wasn't The Weekenders the first show that slowed down Pokemon back in the day? The Weekenders only had 39 episodes, while Fillmore! only had 26. I wonder why they got cancelled so quickley.

CITAZIONE
Great and unpredictable choices. Also, The Huntsman's reasoning for everything was spot on. I love Fillmore! and I'm really glad it made the list. I'm glad that Kim Possible wasn't the obvious first place but it was given to a great underrated toon like Weekenders.

CITAZIONE
I'll admit I'm not too fond of Fillmore or Teacher's Pet, but it's nice to see some Weekenders love. That show is massively underrated.

CITAZIONE
I gotta say that I was a tad dismayed to find "Fillmore" ranked below "Kim Possible" (entertaining, but maddeningly uneven)...then I saw "The Weekenders" in the number one spot and my faith was restored. Nice list.

CITAZIONE
Glad to see the Weekenders getting some love. I was surprised to see it snag the #1 spot on the list as opposed to Kim Possible or Phineas and Ferb, but I'm glad to see it. Another smartly written and fun show.

CITAZIONE
I use to watch reruns of The Weekenders religiously when i first discovered it (which was at the same time i discovered Pepper Ann, which i also watched reruns of religiously). For a show where they just talked most of the time it held my interest surprisingly well, it was greatly written and really felt real. I can see it being #1.

view post Posted on 23/11/2012, 16:25

Group:
Tish Fan

E' sinceramente molto bello vedere grandi apprezzamenti verso questo cartone. Se c'è una cosa che ho sempre voluto fare è contattare Doug Langdale e dirgli quanto sono grata che abbia creato una serie così splendida.
Più che di gusti, qui si trattava di indicare obiettivamente quale serie era la numero uno, e non poteva che essere Finalmente Weekend. Molte di quelle (come KP e Fillmore) sono serie veramente ben fatte, ma FW a livello di dialoghi, caratterizzazione di ambienti e personaggi, dinamiche degli episodi, etc. è nettamente superiore. Non c'è storia :)

5 replies since 18/2/2012, 19:25   136 views